Monday, January 23, 2012

Latest from Chile

Elder Harrison's latest:

This week will be mostly responses to questions:
-I didn´t change in this last transfer, but either me but more likely my companion will leave in 3 weeks. If he leaves I´ll have to show the new ZL the area which will be interesting :)
-From my current companion I´ve learned to have faith in the Lord´s power over this work, and not get down in difficult moments.
-I´m talking to many many people in the street and at their doors. In fact we´ve done 231 contacts this past week, which is by far the lead in the Zone. I enjoy the challenge. :) And of course the opportunity to find new people...
-A lot of my spiritual revelation is really only applicable to our investigators and what we´re going to teach them, and what they need right now. But I´ll be sure to advise you when I know what the book of Revelation means. ;)
-The food is fatty, European, and usually quite good. But the portions are outrageous. And while I feel terrible asking for smaller portions, as you know, I explode if I try to eat too much.
-The house is small, but sufficient.
-And the weather right now is very comfortable with wind and sun.
-The portion of people that continue with the lessons after first contact is very small because it's very difficult to encounter them in the house after. And even if we do, they´re really not ready. The two young boys aren´t progressing to their baptisms, but we´ve got to others - Marta and Jorge that are both going to church every Sunday.
Sorry I ran out of time today, but I´ll respond to more questions next week, and give more stories.
Con Amor
Elder Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment