Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Two Weeks of Updates for the Price of One


Here are the last two weeks' worth of e-mails from Elder Harrison:

September 10, 2012

Hey :)

Miracles are real.  I was optimistic about Roberto last week but a lot has happened since then.  While we knew that it was inevitable that he`d get baptized eventually, he`d been a little iffy on settling down on a date.  We were considering pushing back his date til the 30th.  On Thursday we had a Family Night with our Mission Leader.  After watching John Tanner from the D&C church dvd we shared feelings.  It quickly turned spiritual.  And feeling prompted, Diego (ML)  asked Roberto if he would like to be baptized this Sunday.  When he responded sì, it about knocked me off my chair.  :)  Well in a whirlwind of preparation we finished up the lessons that he needed, and set up an interview for Saturday.  Sunday, we had an amazing baptism.  He bore his testimony at the end and with his tears brought tears to my eyes.  During our visit that night to his house he talked about how he`d known from the first visit that he would become Mormon.  And how God had prepared him for this moment.  He is amazing.  A prepared and chosen prodigal son returning home.  Something he mentioned many times was that he was not going to be baptized to just sit there.  He wants to serve.  I am so very happy.

About our sector:
We have a major mall called Vivo so we`ve got McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Bell.  There`s Plaza de Armas which includes the National Cathedral.   We also have several areas geared to tourists selling souvenirs, so I`m stocking up a little in case I don`t get the chance to come back.  

Random bits:
I`m with Elder Garcia here for another change, which I`m certainly happy about.
I`ve worked out a way to make German pancakes in a pan that aren`t too bad.
Over the last 37 days I have walked 345.37 miles with an average of 9.33 miles per day.  My feet hurt a little. ;)

Gracias por todo tu apoyo, amor, testimonio, y fe en este momento.  Puedo sentir tus oraciones.
Con Amor
Elder Harrison

Recent Happenings Gallery of Photos:


September 3, 2012

Hey :)

What ever doesn`t kill you makes you stronger

This week has been a week of tender mercies of the Lord.  Teaching Roberto is an eye and heart opening experience.  I love the feeling of being a part of the conversion of someone.  He`s an amazing person, and a real friend.  I`m determined to see his baptism through.  We had a nice surprise during church yesterday.  While he`s had a date for several weeks now, recently he`s been a little iffy on fully committing to see it through so soon, but after church a sister came up to me and commented how great it was that we were going to have a baptism.  I said, "Who?"  And she said Roberto.  So he feels confident in expressing it to those in church, which buoys our confidence in him.  He`s great, always participating in the classes, reading the scriptures and Liahona that we leave him, and posting picts of us as his "new friends" as his facebook profile to test to see how his friends will react.  We also have hope for a self-reference from a young woman named Daniela who went on to Mormon.org to request a visit from the missionaries.  She has childhood friends who are members and was very interested and attentive in the first lesson we had.  While I`m a little low in energy and determination this week, I will survive!

Oh, and Saturday I was horribly sick in my stomach, and vomited up literally everything I had.  All in all I fasted 40 hours though (Friday night til yesterday afternoon), so I was feeling particularly spiritual in church ;)

Con Amor
Elder Parry Harrison



P.S. The attached files are a Noche de Hogar that we had with Roberto, the view from his patio, and his collection of tattoo tools that he`s going to sell.  (I look so ugly in the photo because it was the day I was sick.)




No comments:

Post a Comment