Thursday, December 15, 2011

Waterloo with Food

I have yet to become sick. We drink water, and the milk is actually not as bad as I initially thought. They only have sugared juices, and we´re always offered soda. In fact the word for drink in Spanish is "bebida". Here it means pop. :) My companion has taught me how to work, and how to not take it too personally when people are not caring or accepting the message. We're nearly always contacting or calling at doors when ever we are not going to an appointment or trying to visit the less actives. For Christmas we´ve got an activity in the mission home the day before - a dinner and caroling, and we get to sleep in and visit members on Christmas itself. I just got the letters sent when I entered the field so snail mail really takes awhile. I recommend emails. Here there is a ton of problems with smoking, and a ton of immorality. It's common to not be married and live with someone. The girls usually have a kid at 17. The food is actually quite good. But yesterday I had my Waterloo with food. We were eating with a family and the main course was stuff on rice. It tasted good but was a ton. I could barely finish it and I was praying that there was something light for "postre". But then they brought out something that is like cream of wheat, and a lot of it. I didn´t like it, and was forcing it into my stomach because I didn´t have any more room. When I finished I was just thinking, "don´t throw up until you get out to the street". To make a long story short, I didn´t make it. All over the table... I was so embarrased. But there you go -- I´m in the mission field. I´ll write more next week...
Con Amor
Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment