Monday, February 20, 2012

Presidents Day Update

Hello,

Answers to questions:

Now that I have a grasp of the language, figuring out what I need to say and then teaching the best possible way are my challenges.  The best thing has been the fortifying of my testimony, and the change in culture and lifestyle.

This week has been at the same time great and difficult.  I like having Elder Sanchez as a companion.  He´s spiritual, real, and has a real love for the people.  It's been difficult because there were no investigators when we opened the sector.  And, we took a while to get our bearings and to meet the members.  But now we´re ready and focused on making things happen.  We´re going to be working a lot with "permaneced" because there are a lot of less actives. And working on getting all the recent converts back to Church.
It's been a little difficult to live 20 minutes out of our area, but it´ll be nice when we move into our new house.

I love being a missionary!

We did some service in a giant old house that they´re renovating a part of, to be our new home since we live in apartments outside our area with 4 other missionaries right now.

I´ve got a headache right now, so I´m going to have to cut this short.

Scripture of the week:  3 Nephi 19:29 "We glorify Christ just as he glorifies the Father."
Song of the Week:  "He Gives Flowers to Everyone" by Cherie Call

Lots of love
And the personal witness of the truthfulness of the gospel!
Elder Parry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment