Monday, February 27, 2012

Transferred to New Area

This is my Letter to the President:

"This week was good.  We haven´t had a lot of success in the numbers, because we´re working a lot with 'permaneced' trying to find the lost sheep, and meet the active members, too. But, we´re doing great as a companionship.  And, we´ve had the opportunity to serve by helping to prepare our living quarters.  I love the challenge of trying to help the ward lift itself out of complaining and complacency to actually have bonding, the spirit, and drive to better themselves.  I´ve been reading several talks recently and realized that a lot of my testimony is built on the fact that we have modern day prophets who give us guidance.  I love the apostles and the prophet."

Sorry for doubling up on letters by including my letter I send to the President, but it means I have to type less. :)

This week was good. Yes, I have changed areas and companions. :)  Elder Sanchez is from Honduras.  He´s the oldest of 3 boys.  His dad and mom are both converts and his dad went on a mission.  He´s great, and really likes to enjoy his mission. Our house is even worse this time because 6 of us are living together. But we´re working on our new one in the ward.

One thing I think I took for granted a lot before the misison was how powerful and important it is to say that we follow a living prophet.  I have two challenges this week. 
First: Listen to or read this speach by Hugh B. Brown:

http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=114
http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=8853

Second, read one of the talks from this last General Conference

I bear testimony that you´ll feel the Spirit testifying both of the Prophet Joseph Smith, and of those that lead the Church today. I know it is true, and I love to be able to testify to investigators that I am called of a prophet of God to be a reprensentative of Him.

Mucho Amor
Elder Parry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment