Monday, July 16, 2012

Answers from Chile


Hey:)

So I feel especially bad about my pathetic email from last week.  This week I hope to make up for that at least in part.

Companion

Elder Salvador Sanchez flew with me on the plane to Chile.  His parents are both from Mexico but he was born in California.  He´s the youngest of 5 siblings.  And his parents and brother are members.  He´s a convert of 7 years and assisted in the Spanish ward in his stake.  He´s a great scriptorian and really knows the scriptures.  He´s optimistic and has done a wonderful job in putting up with my difficult moments this last month.

Branch

The banch has an average of 30-45 people that assist.  There are wonderful people but it is a constant struggle to help them feel the initiative and responsbility of their callings. Unfortunately the District has determined that for the good of the district and the hopefulness of growing to a stake, they will divide the branch in the coming months and add the respective parts to the neighboring branches.

Work

A story of success this last week:  At 9:15 at night after a difficult day of little success I felt prompted to knock on one door on a street we had passed by a hundred times.  This light was on and they answered.  The woman was very friendly, welcomed us in, and we had a wonderful lesson and we think that they have real potential to progess.

Me

I´m doing much better.  Not that I overall feel better but that the low moments are not as common.  And, I´m starting to see a little twinkle of light and hope through the clouds of my depression.  I´m not all consumed with thoughts of throwing in the towel and going home.

Thanks

I really do appreciate the letters of news, testimony, support, and laughs.  While I do not respond as personally to every one as I would like to, I enjoy reading them immensily (I don´t know how to spell this word.)   :)

Oh, and in response to questions, we have Zone Conferences every other month and District meetings every week.  

Mucho Amor

Elder Parry Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment