Sunday, July 29, 2012

Things Are Looking Up


Hey:)
Things are looking up.  

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.  I can see all the obstacles in my way...

Slowly but surely the clouds are lifting.

This week was ok.  While we didn´t have numerical success, we did have some wonderful lessons with less actives and investigators that really impacted me.  While things aren´t perfectly peachy with Elder Sanchez II, I have resolved to better myself and not to mention any suggestion of a change to President.

This weekend was a confirmation of the statement "blood the the branch".  Saturday we went to the chapel at 9 to clean with the Hombres Jovenes.  Then we played a little futbol.  We went home, changed, and came back to have our English class and for me to practice the piano.  Then, yesterday I played the piano in Sacrement Meeting and gave a talk on families and the need to direct our gave to the temple the the blessings there.  The talk was taken almost entirely from this last conference since I do love our modern day prophets.  As well, there´s the quote that the Word of a Prophet takes precedence of the scriptures, and of a Living Prophet that of a Dead One.

Attached is a photo of my birthday present to myself that I commissioned from a sister in our branch, and a neighborhood dog that we´ve adopted and we gave cake to, named Lobos.








Quotes I liked sent by Robin:

Almost every emotional problem can be summed up in one particular bit of behavior:  it’s a person walking around screaming “ . . . Love me.”  Love me.  That’s all.  He goes through a million different manipulations to get somebody to love him.  On the other hand, healthy people are those who walk around looking for someone to love.  And, if you see changes in the people who are screaming, “Love me, love me,” it’s when they realize that if they give up this screaming and go to the other business of loving another human, they can get the love they’ve been screaming for all their lives.  It’s hard to learn, but it’s good when you learn it.
-- Thomas P. Malone

The great accomplishments of this life are rarely physical.
-- Elder Russell M. Nelson

The Lord does not ask about our ability or our inability, but only about our availability, and if we prove our dependability, the Lord will take care of our capability.

The Lord works from the inside out.  The world works from the outside in.  The world would take people out of the slums.  Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums.  The world would mold men by changing their environment.  Christ changes men, who then change their environment.  The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature.
-- President Ezra Taft Benson,Ensign, Nov. 1985, p. 6.

Most people feel that the greatest freedom is to be able to do what you want to do.  That’s not true.  The greatest freedom is to be able to do something and choose not to.
-- Rabbi Singer




Mucho Amor
Elder Parry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment