Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life Moves On

Hey <):)

First, attached is a collection of three of the songs that have recently touched my soul.  Especially the first one.  Captures the Spirit of the Mission perfectly :) -

A thought that has come recently:  In trying to find what I admire about the Chileans, I realized they are especially willing to see the hand of the Lord in their lives.  They readily admit belief in Deity and attribute a wealth of their blessing to Him.

This week went well, my companions are great, and Elder Larsen is quite funny.  We`re having so good success in the sector, and the city is cool.  A lot of references and less knocking doors. The ward is huge.  175 yesterday.  A significant change from my last branch.  But all in all life moves on happily.  

I`ll write more next week,

Apologies

Elder Parry Harrison

P.S. - This link is to an extremely insightful paper about the Book of Mormon I was recently referred to.  It is called "Joseph Smith's American Bible: Radicalizing the Familiar" by Terryl L. Givens. A notable quote:  "The point is that a Christian audience of Joesph`s day would have considered scriptural history to move inevitably toward completion and closure.  In the Book of Mormon, scripture always moves toward proliferation and dissemination in both directions."

No comments:

Post a Comment