Thursday, August 2, 2012

Just a Little POV

Hey :)

Answers to questions:  The weather is like a slightly more humid version of fall in Utah.  Sometimes more cold, at times warmer.  Here there are places to do recreational activities, but the people work too much to have time to do much, outside of playing futbol, flying kites, and occasional visits to friends and family.  The family I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is good.  We've taught them three times, and they are very friendly and listen, but unfortunately all excluding the youngest son (15) convive (live outside marriage).  We`ll see how their progress goes...

Changes
I`ve been changed to Campania in Huelen.  It's in Santiago centro but I don`t know much more about the sector yet.  I`m companions with a Mexican with almost a year left (Elder Garcia), and an Elder Larsen that was there 9 months already and will show us around until he goes home in 2 weeks.  It was terribly sad to leave Fontt.  I loved the branch and members.  (Small fact I think it's OK to reveal now:  there were two of Chile`s carcels, or prisons, in the middle of our sector, that we`d walk by several times a day.  I didn't want to alarm anybody ;)

Reflections on Pan
The bread in Chile is wonderful.  They have something called a maraqueta that is like french bread.  Fresh it is incredible.  And day old is great for french toast.  It`s something that I relate with my family`s missions to France :)

POV
It is all about our point of view, or perspective.  Just a view short weeks ago I was stuck in a vicious cycle of despair, angst, home-sickness, anger, and sadness.  Now with my view lifted back up, and the thought of an early termination gone from mind, I`m getting through life much easier.  These last few months have really shown me it`s all about how we look at things and what we focus on that determines our success.  I think its Alma 42 that talks about faith and how we just need a desire to believe to begin to grow our faith.  It all starts with simple desires that blossom into who we become.

Amor,
Elder Parry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment