Monday, November 26, 2012

Life Lessons


Hey :)

This week`ll be a little short too.  The focus is on the perspective that one gains in the mission.

I`ve been in Chile for over a year now.  And just now I`m really coming to understand how this experience is necessary to help teenagers become men and women ready to take on the world and begin to form a family.  This week, more than ever, I`ve felt like a parent with an erring child.  One recent convert decided to have a full on fight with his mother over something as simple as her  "lying" about not knowing how long the wash had been in.  Then, I had to deal with another recent convert saying he was going to leave the ward because a couple of members that he had hired had reacted poorly with his boss in a problem with the pay.

I learned this week how to have patience.  When to not worry about what I can't control.  How to have faith in God and his purposes.  How to trust that people will make correct choices.  How to love those that cause you so much hurt.  

Next week will be a collection of recent talks.

Please remember to send me at least 2 photos a week, especially during this holiday season, to keep me up to date, visually, on the going-ons.

Tu Misionero
Elder Parry Harrison

Attatched are two of my favorite pieces of art:

 



No comments:

Post a Comment