Sunday, October 23, 2011

"I Know That Christ Lives"

Thankyou so much for all the support and letters. I really appreciate them, though its a little hard to try and respond to them all :)  This week has been good, though there hasn't been anything particularly exciting. The best thing that has happened was to have Richard G. Scott at the devotional on Tuesday night. The talk was about feeling the spirit which was fine. But the best part was when he put his notes down and said, "I'm done with that and would like to speak to you as an apostle.  I KNOW that Christ lives, I don't believe, I don't hope, I Know." I'd always wondered if Christ appears to his apostles today. And, I'd been reading in Genesis about how The Lord would appear to, and walk with his ancient prophets, and I wondered If he does still.  When Elder Scott testified of that, I had the strongest overwhelming feeling of the Spirit that Christ lives and directs this church. I've been reading Jesus the Christ and it's been great learning in depth about his life.  My testimony has already been strengthened so much here. Also, I got my first "You've got to get married" talk from him too. Which frankly was kinda the worst time for me to be told this - I don't have to think about that for two years, and really shouldn't be anyways :)  I'm teaching in a trio with a sister and elder west now because her companions left to Guatemala. Its hard to teach in a trio, especially with a sister - she has a lot of personality, and is very sure of her opinions, but it's teaching me patience and is good practice for the different companions I might get in the field.
So now a second elder in my district might have cancer. First was elder Warren who has since left to the Guatemala MTC: He got a lump on his neck a few days in, and didn't get it checked til right before he left. They said it could be serious if it didn't go away in two weeks, and he left before we could find out the diagnoses... And elder dyches, in the trio and from austin texas has had some tiny moles on his chest that have really been hurting. He was sent out to the Doc and they took a biopsy. So we'll find out in a week if he's got skin cancer...  It's good though, I ran 2 miles yesterday in gym, I've relegated myself to enduring the food, and we get to have our room to ourselves for the next week because we didn't get any newbes yesterday. Life goes on, and the spirit is strong. Please keep writing, even though I might not be able to respond to the letters so quickly :)
Con Amor
Parry

No comments:

Post a Comment