Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Conference and Other Thoughts


Hey :)

Response to questions:  My companion is great.  He`s from Juarez, Mexico.  Shorter than me, which is a blessing.  And, he`s a great, real person, which makes him an enjoyable companion.  I feel like the mission has inextricably changed me.  I have a true testimony, changed world-view and perspective of the gospel, and have grown loads as a person. The Chileans talk really bad.  They use a lot of modismos and eat their words- saying things like catchay and sipo.  But I enjoy it and it makes it super easy to understand anyone with another type of accent.  I loved General Conference especially, as always, the talk by Elder Holland.  I love several things about Chileans: their openness and friendliness, their work ethic, their disposition to believe in the divine, and their character.  My mission president is wonderful.  He`s a former estate lawyer, and has 6 children.  His wife is wonderfully happy and energetic.  He`s taught me how to be a missionary of a surety, how to repent of heart, and how to become like unto Christ.  

Conference

This time, because of problems in other sectors with other missionaries, we got to watch it all in Spanish, but I got along fine and understood it all without any difficulty.  Though that wasn`t the case with the greenies. :)  Notably was the great experience of listening to the Latinos and Elder Scott speak naturally in Spanish.  To me the theme was Service, Come Back, Missionary Work, and Christ.

I`m adding a link to a wonderful talk that Elder Holland based his powerful talk from this Conference on.  To listen to even more inspired words from the servants of the Lord.


Next week will be full of more reflections...

Mucho Amor y Bendiciones

Elder Parry Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment